Thursday, April 16, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: M is for Morning




This afternoon I took my car in to the dealer for its 5,000 mile service.  In the waiting room I was thumbing through a "women's" magazine.  I realized that a lot of the content just doesn't apply to me now that I'm retired.  I don't need tips for getting along with my boss and I especially don't need fashion advice.  I gave up fashion when I stopped working.  Cotton knits and comfy shoes are my retirement fashion statement.  One of the best choices I made in retirement was to give up  makeup so I can skip the tips on creating the perfect smokey eye.  I love being able to rub my eyes and not have to worry about raccoon eyes!

One article in the magazine pointed out that mornings can be the most hectic part of the day and offered suggestions for a "morning makeover."  It was another article I didn't bother to read.  Since I retired my mornings are relaxing.  I go to bed when I feel like going to bed and I get up when I wake up.  I haven't used an alarm clock for years.  Some mornings I just relax in bed and think about getting up...because I don't have to if I don't want to. 

In retirement mornings are the start of another day of doing exactly what I want.  I am blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I love retirement, i wouldn't go back for anything, and yes, mornings are the.best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornings are the best part of retirement. They are my favorite time of day now that I don’t have to get up at a certain time.
    I wonder if there are publications geared at the lifestyle of the retired woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you got it right! I no longer wear makeup and also like not having raccoon eyes. Ah, the joys of retirement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auughgh - ME WANT!!! That sounds WONDERFUL - I could certainly learn to love mornings if they were all MINE!
    8 years and 15 days til I retire - I've set a random date, just to give myself something to count down to :). And I gave my boss notice of it about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails