Sunday, April 5, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: E is for Eggs




Tomorrow is Easter and that seemed to be a good choice for the letter E, but I had nothing to say about Easter.  Since our children are grown and the grandchildren live far away, there are no special festivities or unique Easter memories to write about.  So,  I settled on eggs...because they were on sale at the grocery store.  Five dozen eggs for $3.99 with a coupon.  It was such a deal that I couldn't pass it up.  Five dozen eggs and I still have half a dozen in the refrigerator from the last dozen I bought a few weeks ago.  How long do eggs keep?  Five dozen eggs take up a lot of room in the refrigerator.  What am I going to do with FIVE DOZEN EGGS???

Happy Easter!





7 comments:

  1. I see a lot of baking in your future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We quite like eggs in our family but I think even we would struggle to get through that many!

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of eggs! You could bake things that take a lot.... like angel food cake takes about 12 whites?? And I think you can freeze eggs, but I've only frozen egg whites... so not sure. But it was definitely a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I hope you had a great Easter with at least ONE chocolate indulgence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm, eggs! Welcome in the letter "E"... thank you!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maaaan! Quiche, custard, soufflé, scrambled, fried, poached, hard/soft boiled....eggs are my favorite food! So many ways and all delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails