Monday, April 13, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: K is for Kayak



Last year in the A to Z Challenge I wrote about the spouse and I taking a kayaking class through the Parks and Recreation Department.  We spent a beautiful early evening on the Columbia River learning a few basics about operating a kayak.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could keep up with the younger members of the class.



I'm the fourth from the left in the picture.

We never got around to buying kayaks last summer, although we did rent some one weekend when we had the grandchildren.  This year I am ready for kayak season.  I bought three kayaks last week for me and my two granddaughters.  The spouse is still looking for his perfect kayak because he wants a fishing kayak.  The grandchildren don't get here until June, but I'll be kayaking on the Columbia River this spring.  Watch for me.  I'll be the silver haired fox in the bright lime green kayak!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! It is fun to learn new things and keep up with a younger generation.

    I tried kayaking a few years ago. I went in a circle at first and then steered into my friend, the only other person on a big lake. I am athletically challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright lime, huh? Yes, you'll be quite visible to all who look for you. "Yes, that's Nana out there in the day-glo kayak." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. I'm a bit clausterphobic so being inside a kayak wouldn't work for me. I've had some fun in a canoe though. Bright lime green...love it. Go Silver Fox, show the youngins a thing or two.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog as I cruise through A to Z. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sport I could never muster an interest in, although I have so many friends who pack a kayak because I have a river.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be smart about being out on the water. We just lost two kayakers yesterday when they were caught in a squall in open water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I tried kayak Philippines before and it is awesome! This activity is very family oriented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails