Saturday, April 18, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: P is for Port Orford




The city of Port Orford website  says that Port Orford is the oldest town on the Oregon coast and the most westerly in the 48 contiguous states.  The pictures show stunning ocean views.  Why am I writing about Port Orford you may ask?  The spouse and I are considering volunteering at Port Orford Heads State Park as Interpretive Hosts for the month of May.  The park will provide us with a camp site for our 5th wheel trailer and we would each volunteer 22-24 hours a week.   We've never been to Port Orford and this seems like a great opportunity to spend a month at the beautiful Oregon coast.  

Why are we hesitating?  We'd have to be there by May 1st.  We just started painting the house. (...and when I say "we" I mean the spouse and I, not some painting service.)  I was going to go to San Diego in May to see my Dad for his 88th birthday.  We still have a lot of work to do in the garden.  There are always a lot of reasons to say no.  That's just the fear of the unknown making itself heard.  I think we'll probably do this.  It will be an adventure.

7 comments:

  1. The house will get painted, even if eventually. I checked out the website. It’s spectacular! Can’t wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same fear of the unknown, so I can relate--but yes, you'll probably look back on it later and be SO glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go; too bad if your neighbors don't like the view for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there was I thinking that Orford Ness had changed its name... but that's in Essex, UK. Have a great time in Port Orford, Oregon - you know you'll be going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe somebody can water your garden for you and you can come home to weed it yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden would be a worry for me, being away for the month of May, and yet, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Can you switch months, of get someone to help take care of your place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know people who have done this sort of thing. They always enjoy it. I understand having too much to do and being involved in a project. I think we sometimes have to sort out the things we think we must get done and the opportunities that present themselves and ask ourselves which thing is most important to us at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails