1. West Side Story: playing now at Keller Auditorium in Portland. Crisp, clear voices and wonderful dancers. This is an excellent production. My only regret is that there isn’t a sing-a-long performance. I couldn’t dance-along, but I sure know all the words to “I Feel Pretty.” If you get a chance to see this, don’t miss it. Today is the last day in Portland, but it will open in Seattle on the 10th.
2. Domino’s Stuffed Cheesy Bread: After the 200 mile drive home from West Side Story I needed dinner and Domino’s was on the way home. The cheesy bread is all the best parts of pizza without the sauce and toppings. Bread and cheese…what’s not to love? I heated up the leftovers for breakfast!
3. My new down comforter: You know I can’t resist those 50% off the sale price deals at Macy’s. I bought a Ralph Lauren king sized down comforter for less than $70.00. Now we have two down comforters on our bed. Have you noticed that a king size comforter fits great on the bed when there’s no one in the bed? Once two people are in bed, the comforter isn’t large enough to hang over both sides of the bed. It was usually my butt that was hanging out in the freezing night air! Now we’ve got two over-lapping comforters and Nana has a warm butt. Believe me, life is better for everyone when Nana has a warm butt!
4. Christmas is over: I went to the mall to get a haircut last week and I could easily stroll through the stores. The crowds are gone. The spouse is back at work and I get the house to myself for a few hours a day. I enjoy Christmas, but I think I enjoy the after-Christmas lull even more.
5. Grandchildren: You had to know that I couldn’t possibly write a list of favorite things without including my grandchildren. I called them from Portland while I was shopping to find out what I was authorized to buy for them. As much as I love shopping for them, I always check in with their mother to find out what they need. Nana got the okay to buy leggings and “bootiful jammies.” On the phone the first question my granddaughter asked me was “When are you coming, Nana?” It’s nice to be wanted!