Friday, January 29, 2010

Thoughts on Becoming a Recluse

Today I realized that since I returned home from Austin on Tuesday, I hadn’t left the house for three days. I did go outside once to take out the garbage, but that doesn’t really count as leaving the house. I spoke to a few people on the phone,checked my email and Facebook, but I haven’t had any face-to-face human interactions. Since I retired I could easily become a recluse. My husband was out of town on business and I’ve enjoyed the solitude. I’ve especially enjoyed having the toilet seat down for three days! He came home earlier this evening. Just before writing this post I visited the bathroom…and had to put the seat down. Well, at least I won’t have to take the garbage out…that’s his job!

3 comments:

  1. likes your other blog so decided to check this site out as well, you are so right on about the disparity of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob...I've noticed that you're pretty active in this blog world so I appreciate your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toilet seats have hinges; hinges are meant to be used or they rust. As for the old argument about men and toilet seats, just be thankful he does lift it because men, generally, have a poor aim and it's much better than sitting in a cold puddle. Because what would be more annoying than having to wipe up the puddle first, better to just lower the seat.

    AV

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails